The Driver

My name is Thomas Steiner. In my professional life I am a full professor at the HES-SO Valais, the head of the HES-SO Cyberlearn e-learning community and a consultant in our family business immotour ltd. Riding a motorcycle has been a dream since my childhood. In 2022 it came true. I'm in my second year of riding a motorcycle and having fun with a Ducati Monster Plus. 

Ushuaïa Photography - Emilie Steiner



Ushuaïa Photography - Emilie Steiner

With my summer Grand Tour 2023, a second childhood dream came true. When I was ten years old, my grandparents showed me the beauty of Switzerland. Not a weekend went by without us going somewhere to see something. That's probably how my passion for (Swiss) tourism came about. On the Grand Tour, I passed countless places where I had fond memories. It was a profound and dense experience to be able to visit these breathtaking corners of Switzerland in one piece again and discover a lot of new places. 


I have been working in information technology and tourism for over 30 years. When you're over 50, you approach riding a motorcycle and such a trip differently than when you're 25. For me, riding a motorcycle is relaxation and deceleration. The full concentration while driving does not allow any other thoughts. The experience of the spots is all the more profound when the engine is switched off and the helmet is taken off. As a computer scientist, I had to reschedule in November 2022 with the hype about artificial intelligence. My Christmas vacations fell through and I missed that very much from that spring. In the summer of 2023, I had the chance to make up for those 2 weeks. And I invested them in the Grand Tour. That was by far the best thing I could have done. The tour was sporty but adapted to my life rhythm and I had a lot of time for myself and the wonderful spots in our country. 

Ushuaïa Photography - Emilie Steiner








Popular posts from this blog

Day 14 : Neuchâtel - Basel (28/7/2023)

The Story