Day 10 : Locarno - Chiasso (24/7/2023)

This day was fully dedicated to the pearls of Ticino and the southern Grand Tour feeder Chiasso. The weather was unstable. I was glad that I had planned a full day for this route. Several times I could just shelter at the first drops and let the thunderstorms pass. 


Food & Music Street Festival Locarno

Route : Locarno - Ascona - Monte Ceneri - Morcote - Melide - Bissone - Mendrisio - Castel San Pietro - Locarno

Accommodation : Hotel Ibis, Locarno 

Collectibles : Ascona, Monte Ceneri, Morcote, Melide Swiss Miniatur, Bissone, Mendrisio, Castel San Pietro, Chiasso (southern entry point)

ReelsTiktokInstagram 

During the thunderstorm in Morcote, I discovered that Switzerland Tourism had added 12 new NFT collectibles to the Grand Tour - what a nice surprise! Monte Generoso was now a collectible and I seriously considered whether to extend my stay in Ticino by one day. Once again, I then focused on the main goal: first ride every kilometer of the Grand Tour and only then return to missing Collectibles. "Targets first!" became my slogan of the Grand Tour :-) The decision should pay off in the following days on the passes: one day after my drive through there was snow over 2'000m ... 


Parco San Michele, Locarno


Morcote


Bissone


Dogana Chiasso - Southern entry point to the Grand Tour

Popular posts from this blog

Day 14 : Neuchâtel - Basel (28/7/2023)

The Story

The Driver